ProTon Europe, the European Knowledge Transfer Association, created in 2003 by the European Commission and self supporting since 2007.
- European Institute of Technology: advice on Intellectual Property policy
- Responsible Partnering : guidelines for strategic partnerships with industry
- State Aid Rules : clarifying State Aid rules for R&D and technology transfer and increasing minimis
- European Patent System: increasing harmonisation and reducing the cost and complexity of patenting in Europe
- Contribution to EU study on monitoring and analysis of TT and IP regimes and their use
- Institute of Knowledge Transfer: increasing status and recognition of KT profession
- Knowledge Transfer Expert Group : DG Research advisory group
- Training schools: 2-day events on Managing a KTO, Deal making with Industry, Fundamentals of IP, Patenting, Licensing,
- Workshops:1,5 day events on Marketing research results, Ten great ideas for marketing innovations, Proof of Concept,
- Hot topic debates: one-day events on Fiscal incentives to R&D, State Aids limits, Space technologies down to Earth,
- Annual conference, the largest event of the year, which offers networking opportunities.
- The Bookstore offers books and tools which have proved effective for peers in other parts of Europe.
Full Membership is available worldwide to KT Offices in all Universities and Public Research Organisations. Members of National Partner Associations receive a 50% discount on membership fees.
Associate Membership is available worldwide to professionals working closely with KTOs (venture capital, IP and innovation consultants, corporate industry,...).
Cost of membership:
Associate Members fee = 900 EUR
Full Members fee = 600 EUR
Full Members fee for those organisations that are also members of an association that is a partner of ProTon Europe = 300 EUR